Monday, April 20, 2009

Each 1 has a special talent Part 2

This experience has only taught me a simple truth- all of us- educated class has this habit of under estimating other people who are less educated then us, perhaps who are involved in a low paying job and a skill.

God has given a special talent to each and every person- there is absolutely no need to feel that I am superior to someone else. Its times like these when we go to ponder in other fields that we come to know about the hidden talents of others. There were some 7th std girls with me, they’d failed their exams thrice, the school had already asked them to drop out. These 3 girls had a beautiful talent for tailoring, hand and machine embroidery. The stuff that they had done was marvelous for their age!

I took a residential camp for some village kids a few days back. The principal of 1 of the school which was participating had warned me about a few boys who were extremely naughty and were black listed twice, but not suspended because their parents had urged him to give them a final try.

These boys gave me such a hard time through out the camp- but when it came to activities like dramatics – they were too good! Some of them were excellent singers, some were excellent cooks and some were experts at playing football.

I wonder why we don’t have schools that help a child to learn the activity of his choice?
Why should all learn the subjects that are taught in school?
Just because a student is a failure at maths and science and even at languages, does it mean they are dumb? Some parents even wonder if their child is abnormal!
Why are we still stuck with a system which abuses a child off his creativity and talent?

I feel sorry for these numerous children who have to bang their heads on empty futures.
Through the camp, I could give them an opportunity to realize what are areas of their interest! I hope in future, with the help of more resources and more experienced people- I’ll be able to take to our villages and schools the best of creativity , and give them a chance to flourish and excel and make a name for themselves!

3 comments:

  1. Nice article. The way you started off in Part 1, I couldnot guess what was coming in Part2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @di: tht's my speciality!
    i start sumwhere n end sumwhere completely different. i do tht in every sphere of my life- frm writing to career choice! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...