Friday, April 17, 2009

Into The Wild



I think this is a film that’s a must watch for every free spirited individual- if you love freedom till crazy extent, you love trekking, and want to discover the true meaning of your life your style- then you got to watch it! the last scene , with the heli cam is amazing!

This film had a crazy impact on me- I wanted to do just what Christopher McCandless, the hero, does in the film. My options are limited because I am a girl, and I am not a top fighter to be able to defend myself single handedly, and I don’t trust this world a bit! Anyway, here are some details so that you can catch up with the film too.

Plot : Based on a true story, After graduating from Emory University, top student and athlete Christopher McCandless abandons his possessions, gives his entire $24,000 savings account to charity and hitchhikes to Alaska to live in the wilderness. Along the way, Christopher encounters a series of characters that shape his life.

Director: Sean Penn
Year of release: 2007.
Nominated for 2 Oscars .Another 12 wins & 36 nominations
Genre: adventure, biography, drama.

My fav dialogue:

"Chris had always been driven, had always been an adventurer.
when he was only 4 years old, he once wondered alone 6 blocks away from home at 3 o’clock in the morning. He was found in the neighbor’s kitchen, upon a chair, looking through their candy drawer. Whatever drawer he was opening now, must have something pretty sweet in it!"

" The core of mans’ spirit comes from new experiences.”

“You don’t need human relationships to be happy, God has placed it all around us.”

“When you want something in life, you just gotta reach out and grab it.”
“I read somewhere... how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong... but to feel strong.”



!!WATCH IT!!

2 comments:

  1. For me, this has been not just a movie, but a trip into myself. Im trying to find the Christopher Macandless in me and it's been really fun and reflective. Still i'll never be like him 'cause hes motivated by himself and not by another caracter, like me. plus for me it has been very difficult to deatach myself from thing, even when i realize that are just things and life is so much than that. but im learning and loving everyone that cares about me, and im learning to forgive and, more important, to say im sorry.

    i think movies like this are worth watching 'cause you may find yourself different after seen it. of course, not everyone feel the same way

    (pardon my english, im latinamerican)

    Bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Estratonauta, my blog is about feelings, not about the language, so anybody is most welcome here.

    and abt christopher, u r absolutetely right about him! he's a character very difficult to copy. but it always better to have a dictinct personality of ur own, everybody gets influenced, so have u . bt its nice tht u've gone a step ahead n learnt to forgive. For me, forgiving is a very hard thing m yet to learn! so good for u! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...