Thursday, May 14, 2009

Confessions of a hurt Hindu Secularist

Narendra Modi- The X factor!

The media tries hard to pull him down!
Congress tries even harder to break him down!

But hey, he is the man with the mission! The poster boy of the saffron brigade, the winner, the fighter, the warrior....... MY Ultimate Hero!

There is 1 issue that he is always nailed on! Gujarat Riots!
1000’s of Muslims were killed.

Between, Why aren’t we talking about J and K?

Who’s the CM there?

Why are Hindu pandits dying- for decades? Being raped? Being butchered? Why?

Their life doesn’t count?
If you are amongst those who criticize Narendra Modi for Gujarat riots and amongst those who don’t say a word about the other killings happening at other places in India, then you are communal!

You must be thinking, the writer is also communal, so she supports him! But wait a minute..... who created this word communal? What is being secular? Supporting minorities and dividing the population on the basis of religion calling it a majority and a minority....isn’t that communal? And who does that? Which party woos people of a particular religion? And then lays the blame of communalism on BJP?

The answer to all the pseudo secularists in our country- and the best slap on them all is Modi!

Watch the news now a days, they will again , again and again only remind the viewers about the Gujarat Riots, what about the developmental activities happening in Gujarat? That doesn’t seem to be important.

Bomb blasts around the country killed a 1000 more people, but what is our media still reminding us? About the Gujarat Riots!

I was also amongst those who were anti Modi at some point of time. If you only go by what the media reports- then you are bound to think that way. In order to know the realities you need to see, observe below the surface.

A few months back, there were riots in Goa.(congress Govt) Goa- a peace loving state! What really happened in here to result in a riot? Do you know that congress Govt was still blaming BJP for it? If BJP is in power it is to be blamed, if its not in power also its to be blamed?

I shouldn’t be talking about a particular religion... no sorry! I mean, I shouldn’t be talking about Hindu religion. Because anything related to Hindu, Hinduism is communal, isn’t it?

A few months back I heard about an incident of vandalism. A statue of mother Mary was broken down. It was made into a national headline, an issue! I am not against it, make it into an issue, definitely- someone did a horrible act !

Do you know, my dear reader, that for the last couple of years a number of Hindu temples have been vandalized in Goa? Just 2 days back- 12 statues! I repeat, 12 statues were vandalized~! Did you hear about it? Why not? Why wasn’t this made into a national issue? Who is communal now?

Why? I don’t get hurt when my faith is made fun of by M F Hussain? In the name of art he painted a Hindu goddess nude! Doesnt that hurt me? Why only hindu religion? Have we become so cheap, that we allow anything that happens to us?

Hamari koi ijjaat nahi hai kya?

I am not a Hindu fundamentalist! I am a regular, balanced headed individual- who likes to think for myself! I am a proud Hindu too, I love my religion. Yes, there are a few fault lines here and there, but then, which religion is perfect?

I am fed up of my religion being targeted every now and then and being stamped as communal if I say , “ I go to a temple and pray everyday!”.
I get extremely angry looking at my goddesses being painted nude!
And i cant control my temper when i see my idols vandalized time and again.

I won’t keep quiet!
To hell with your politics- whether for votes or for whatever reason our politicians are dividing our country-
we are sitting on a time bomb!
Sooner or later, it will blow!

I am ready to fight!
For my religion- for my identity- for my survival- for my country!

10 comments:

  1. Hey, I must say this post is a little hard-hitting :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is!
    the truth is hard hitting too.
    u must not b aware of what's happenin here in Goa. u knw m not too much into religion, but imagine how the situation is getting aggravated here. imagine tomorrow Dambab's idol is vandalised! haath pe haath dalke chup baithenge kya?
    its times like these tht somebody has to pay for somebody elses's faults!
    its not fair on both the parties......but the rage will flow in some way!
    govt doesnt do its job, d administration doesnt take any action. its times like these that people take law into their own hands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. would like to correct my earliar statement- its not 12, but 19 lingas were vandalised, 1 statue of Betal ( supposed to be the god who controls all evil forces- worshipped in Goa), tulsi-vrundavan and the deepastamb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All is fair in war!

    there's no right and wrong.
    its a cocktail of a whole lot of emotions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you. Hinduism is the most tolerant of all religions.We do not have a book of conduct, nor do we have a religious head. Everyone has the freedom to practice religion on his/her own terms and I guess it is this flexibility that is most exploited by our politicians.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey JSincro,

    I agree this post is hard-hitting; but it is necessary! I consider myself a stout "equalitist" - which means that I am all for equality of everything - religion included. I look up to Modi as a leader who can put India on the path of development; but I do think Godhra was a black mark on him.

    However .. Having said that ..

    I also agree with your observation that anything related Hinduism is now termed as "communal". That is what is unnerving. Giving protection to minority religions and all is of course very important; but hey what about the original religion of the land? Does it deserve to fade away into oblivion? I think not. We have the right to defend our religion too.

    As you rightly pointed out, there is unabashed hypocrisy on display as far as religion is concerned. If a minority religion is the target of vandalism, then a big hue and cry is made of it. Which definitely is understandable. However, if Hindus (or Hinduism) are the target of any such religion-related hate crime, then we are supposed to swallow it. Else we are branded communal.

    Congress is as communal party as the saffron brigade .. because they use religion as a basis to draw votes.

    I think the only matter where I differ from you is regarding the Saffron brand of Hindutva. I don't think I subscribe to their philosophy. BJP and Modi would do better to distance themselves from this "hate"-variety of Hindutva and embrace a moderate stance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i dont agree fully to each and everything they say too. but i like a few of their issues such as scrapping art 370 of consti, y only J and K should get special treatment? why r v treating it differently?

    no matter what any political party says- religion, caste is so imbibed in d indian psyche, tht sooner o later, every party will have to consider it. for an eg, if u take d exit polls even, they freely talk about where muslims r voting, where d yadav's will vote in bihar etc. its a truth, v've to accept!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When it comes to secularism I believe that India is pseudo-secular and having a uniform civil code is the basic necessity to realise secularism. The constitution review is also necessary coz the constitution is 50 years old and the biggest in the world. The more the rules and ammends the more are the loop holes. We need a more smaller and crisper constitution. When it was made by ambedkar (i think) he took some rules from Uk , US and many other countries and put all the shit together to make the indian constitution.

    I believe that Muslim is not a minority coz theey in hundreds of millions and growing so rapidly. Their population is even more than than of Pakistan (with all the terrorists together :P).

    Particularly in Goa I have heard that CM is getting more and more of the muslims on moti dongor. And breeding them over there to gain votes and giving them ration cards. This is so harmful in the long run. Its already started to show its colours.

    I completely support BJP in goa. Congress cannot do anything in goa coz our MLAs dont actually belong to a party. They love hopping around like kangaroos. The MLAs wait for a chance to hop and gobble up a few crores for horse trading.

    Also, there are other reservations too. With BJP coming to power I dont want the Ram Sena, VHP, Shiv Sena and all those fundamentalist in my beloved Goa. Lets focus on development which is so much required in Goa.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i completely agree with u akshay!

    n abt congress MLA's hopping.... hmmm..... u gotta wait n watch coz v expect a big circus to start soon in Goa! with d congress a total winner in this election, everybody wants to get on d winner's side!

    abt our Goa CM: i dont blame him anymore! in fact i dont blame any politician anymore! i've seen d indian voters n their attitude towards our country, nobody cares. they most deserve ppl like babush n mickey( who roams around with a new car every fortnight and a new gal every night):)

    i feel v deserve all the poverty, illiteracy tht v've got!

    n abt muslim population rising..... wohh! there r so many areas in Goa now tht decent gals wont dare to pass by. i dont knw why only areas where muslim population is more r dirty, smelly, crowded n full of indescent characters!

    abt ram sene n shiv sena/MNS: v gotta stand unitedly against 'em. they r harmful. they r pulling d indian culture backwards in, i dont knw wht century!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me too ! i am also fed up of the passive attitude accorded to the majority in this country

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...