Friday, July 24, 2009

The Best Professionals List

A professional Attitude is a rare skill I find in Goa. You end up paying people for below expectation services. They talk a lot, and give you an impression that you are in the best hands.....But Alas! On top of all this, if you question them about the kind of job they've done, they get offended!

So it becomes even more important to ackowledge those who do their job with utmost sincerity and who are an asset to the society!

The Best Professionals : 1st :

I keep several pets, and me and my Mum are able to take care of 3 dogs and 2 cats because we have a wonderful pet doctor! Dr. Jenny Viegas and her Husband Dr. Aneesh Viegas! Getting a good vet is really a difficult task. My aunt who stays in Mumbai took her cat to one of the best known doctor there, and he messed up the whole thing! It was the most common operation to spay the cat, God knows what the doctor did, within a few months the cat gave birth to 3 kittens!
My aunt was worried as to which organ of the cat the doctor actually removed if not the uterus.

I've spayed all my female pets, and not once after the operation/surgery have I had to worry about the pet!

Last month, my doctor was out of station for a month or so and me and mum were forced to consult a new doctor in the area. This too was a doctor couple! This new doctor , one Mrs Radhika Rao mislead me so much into a simple hair loss treatment of my 13 year old dog and made me pay a hafty Rs. 1800 for the treatment! The problem could be easily solved with a medicated bath, regular brushing and a multi vitamin for better coat!( actual cost Rs.500 max)

Most of these kind of people become doctors to make money, they have no respect nor any understanding of a pet owner. Every pet owner does not want to send his pet for a spa treatment , nor does he build a special A/C room just for his foreign breed dog!

Keeping a pet need not be a costly affair. Some people want to sell us products we dont need, and when a doctor is involved in such a business, its really cheap!

Best Professionals : 2nd:

My dance teacher, Ms. Lalan Desai! She's a worshipper of the art of dance and you can make out from the way she teaches dance, that she genuinely wants you to be a good dancer! There is no malice just simple art! This is so rare these days. There is so much competition, jealousy and rivalry that most teachers are least interested in the genuine teaching experience!

Getting a great teacher, someone who can guide you well is a rare chance!

Best Professional : 3rd:

Her name is Jabel! She works on our farms and also gives a helping hand for any other work if needed. She's always on time, never talks too much, Works efficiently and never complaints!

We all know how hard it is now a days to get servants and maids, and in this difficult world, Jabel comes as a breath of fresh air!

I love working with her, having her to help me in any work means that I am totally tension free! She always wears a beautiful smile and her work is tip top!

All these people listed above are thorough professionals! Their pay rolls, education and almost everything is uncomparable! But there is 1 skill where they are unbeatable- Their attitude at work place! No compromise, and total value for money!

There is so much to learn from everybody around. Jabel proves to the world that no matter what job you do, if you do it with utmost sincerity, it is always appreciated!

A heart felt THANK YOU to all these wonderful professionals!

6 comments:

  1. Nice one, as usual! i really like it that you have acknowledged even your domestic help in this post. As we grow older, most of us tend to ignore the people who work below us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the times we dont even consider them as professionals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. True... and those who show off as professionals don't even know what that means!
    I could write a post on my recent experience with the CA coaching classes m attending here, maybe I will...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think i'll also make a "worst professionals list" n nitin (i forgot his surname) , d WWF director,panaji branch will b on No.1 position!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Janaki, you have already written enuf about him in the Crocodile Hunter http://jsincro.blogspot.com/2009/04/crocodile-rider.html ;-) . Spare the poor guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry Di...I dont think I can spare any of the worst professionals I've met in my life.....seriously they all have given me a hard time figuring out how to deal with them!

    Dharti pe Bojh!"

    Hehe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...