Friday, July 24, 2009

The Secret Admirers

Every girl at least secretly wishes she has one!

I dont know about the male opinion on this issue..... but like every girl, even I find the whole concept of a secret Admirer highly fascinating.

Throughout school, I watched some of my close and beautiful girl friends receive letters and mails from their secret admirers! And I always yearned for that day when I would get the mail of my secret admirer!

Days passed by and it never happened in school!

When I reached higher secondary, there was a guy who passed messages to me through a friend of mine. Wolla! I was so damn excited! Here it is, finally happening! After a couple of weeks, the common friend decided it was time the 2 of us met.

I couldnt sleep the night before thinking this must be my true love, my dream boy! His language was beautiful and so was his poetry!

My head took a major shock the day I met him! No! He wasnt ugly or anything like that. In fact he was quite normal and well educated and intelligent! But I had lived in my dream world for far too long. My imagination just couldnt keep up with the reality facing me. I didnt know from where to flee the "supposed date"!

After that experience, I got up from my dream world! I somehow never could feel excited about the "secret admirers" again.

The whole thing can be quite scary actually! The secret admirer is a person who doesnt have the guts to come and approach you, he doesnt want to show himself because he's scared! that shows his self confidence is very low!


Strange as it may sound, every year I have 1 so called secret admirer mailing me- He never tells his identity! I never reply to his messages! Nor do I ever go to ask for his identity! He plainly wishes me on my B'day and on Valentines Day!

Let the mystery remain a mystery. For I know when it unfolds itself, its not as beautiful as I imagine it to be! The whole idea that somebody somewhere likes me and thinks of me is very reassuring! There's always so much fun in "not knowing" some things. After sometime, I know it will all stop! But till it continues, Let my secret admirer be the secret of my life!

2 comments:

  1. Loved the ending! Unfortunately or fortunately, i never really had a secret admirer :-(!

    ReplyDelete
  2. U must b an easy going person . Boys usually want to b a secret admirer to those who play a bit hard to get! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...