Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Scary Movie??? Phoonk 2 Experience!


Yesterday night me and my friends finally agreed to go and watch a scary movie. Last month "Click" was released and though we spoke about it, we didn't make it to the theaters. Another reason being most of us had watched the original film " Shutter" from which "Click" is supposedly copied!

"Phoonk 2" was on my mind for quite some time! I knew before watching the film that it's not going to be great......nevertheless it's been too long since I watched a scary movie on a big screen. And all I ever want to do is to get that thrill, to get scared and scream! ( I love to scream!!) The last I watched was 'Darna Mana Hai', and before that I'd watched 'Bhoot'- which was a good film.

I don't know what the makers of this film were thinking when they made this film...... rather, did they think at all before or while making the film?

All that the film offers you are sound effects- big, scary and disturbing one's- at unwanted places....It looks like the guy responsible for putting the sound effects put all that he had in 1 go! ( May be he too was bored of watching the film so he just randomly picked up scenes and put the effects!) The end result is that there's no connection between the video and the audio! Someone's going to sleep and there's a sudden loud scary sound effect!! The visual does nothing to compliment the sound effects!

while you wait patiently and expectantly for something to happen , the night falls...... and........and..........suddenly it's a day! ( tai tai fish!)

I don't understand...in fact I am quite sure nobody understood the flow of the film! There's no progression in the storyline.....no connection between 1 scene to the next. Throughout, it's the same mood! From the 1st scene to the last scene , the film maker tries to scare you and finally succeeds at nothing!

Is it that the film maker was scared to scare the audience? I couldn't understand!

Anyway, I had a good time trying to scare friends who are too scared to watch a scary movie, and the rest of the times commenting on the film.......and a few rare times, screaming... ( Though my sound effects did compliment the film- at least I screamed at the right places!)

Please don't waste your time and money on this film! However if you simply want to hang out with your friends, comment and have a good laugh- then please go!

This film can bond you to your friends , will sharpen your wit and your tongue, can give you lots of opportunities to laugh out loud, will disgust you!! But what it won't do - is scare you!!

A big Cheers to Indian Scary movies......they are in a class of it's own! A genre you can't call thrillers, scary films, comedy ....for that matter nothing!

Rating
: Sorry, What was it I watched yesterday??

LOL

7 comments:

  1. Heh .. loved the "Rating" part the best. I am a BIIIG fan of these kind of movie reviews .. saves me the time and the money. Thanks for being a filter :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh .. loved the "Rating" part the best. I am a BIIIG fan of these kind of movie reviews .. saves me the time and the money. Thanks for being a filter :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I were you, I wouldn't even bother reading the review in the first place! :P
    "I don't understand why someone would go to watch Phoonk 2??"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bollywood kabhi nahin sudhrega.. Movies like singh is kingh are super hits and movies like dasvidaniya go unnoticed. there are only a few sensible people out there in the whole industry. haven't seen a good hindi horror movie in my life.

    Nice review.. well written

    ReplyDelete
  5. U r rgt! Dasvidaniya was a very good film! But times are changing.....the educated class is opening up to new genres, or else Dev D wudnt have clicked!! (Bt then Dev D had the other masala that makes an average Indian watch a film!)....
    Thank u!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure sounds like a lovely movie to hang out with friends who enjoy screaming at the right places :) Passing comments can also be a lot of fun but I am glad I didn't watch it :)

    Read these lines on your side bar,
    Believe Nothing!
    No matter where you read it,
    or who said it,
    even if God has said it!
    Unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense!


    These lines are by Buddha. Recently another blogger (Indian Pundit) quoted them in a comment, love these lines, we should all keep them in mind. Now I plan to add them to my side bar too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for letting me know these lines are by Buddha!
    And thanks for checking my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...