Thursday, May 6, 2010

Just when it's time to study...

There seems to be a close connection between studies and creative thinking!
There also seems to be a close connection between studies and important events and experiences!

For every time I sit down to study, I get so many wonderful ideas to write a story, or blog about something interesting, or any hobby I should cultivate. Rest of the time, when I really have nothing to do- my brain is switched off!

My exams are a month away, I know nothing about accounts or taxation which I should know in order to pass, I open the book and look in, and "Bam" - some characters, some stories float away in my mind that I just cannot ignore! That too comparing it to those boring taxes?? No way!

And I always wish, " I should have started studying earlier, I could have got even more stories!"

But you cannot fool yourself! The urgency, and tension seems to be the cause of all the creative thinking! And it will never come if I study 3 months in advance!

I can understand this connection , but what about all the unwanted drama happening in my life right at the time of exams?

1. My close girl friend breaks up with her boy friend a week before my exams!
2. I get a call to join a company which is listed as my "Dream Job" , just 5 days before the exams!
3. Some XYZ group announces its trekking expedition in Leh Ladakh for 15 days , only for Rs.15 K a week before I answer!
4. I have a major fight with someone close and important!

All this and so much like this which sends my mind into a toss! How can I not day dream and in stead concentrate in those boring studies??

But studies seems to be the reason for all the excitement and ideas! Both - creative thinking and studies seem to be inter dependent in order to function well!

I don't know for how long I can keep studying....in order to be creative!
But WTH? There's so much in life that I can never run out of topics to study!

2 comments:

  1. You may be right. Ideas come when our brain is in an active mode. May be we make a concious effort to switch it on while we study and thats when ideas flow!! Keep up the the good job of writing. . .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...