Tuesday, August 31, 2010

U N I ( Part 3)

Juhi....


Don't get her wrong because she is happy about her Boss's broken leg!
And she openly bitched about his bad habits....

Juhi is ....well! She is not anything at all like Priyanks Chopra or any other Bollywood heroine.
Juhi is a bit like Meg Ryan actually! She is cute.
She is hard working, very sincere, frank .....and above all she has childlike innocence!
She is a bit short by height, she has short straight shiny hair - just above shoulders and she never wears jeans to work!

Surprised huh? Looking at her attitude she fits more to be in western clothes, but no....she wears well fitting , cotton or silk chudidaars - no dupattas! Her hair is tied in a pony, wears oxidized jewellery - long earrings, rings, and a plain snake chain without a pendant! shoes?? Flats! By the way she has well maintained pedicured feet....And yeah...Dr.Krupal did notice them...Of course he did!

Early morning, the next day. to be exact : 5 am!
Juhi received a text message , " Good Morning! Rise and Shine! Our date time and venue: 8 pm saturday at Fuga. I can come to pick you up. sms me your address!"

Juhi checked the message at 7.30 when she woke up. " Not ‘please sms me your address’........Just ‘sms me’- order...huh?"

It was a Friday. She sms'd the address promptly.

Fuga is quite a well known Pub cum Disc in Bangalore.
Dr. Krupal was at her doorstep in Kormangala 1st Block at sharp 8pm.
He was pleasantly surprised to see this Indian tigress in a slim fit black jeans and a silver off shoulder top.

" Don't you want to know why Fuga?" Krupal asked her in the car. His attitude and tone was quite sober today, but her attitude was the same.
" To get me drunk and get me into bed! What else?" She snapped back.

He suddenly became a bit conscious, as if someone had said something bad about his character.
“I’m sorry!” He said in a low tone.
She did not say anything. She sat there with crossed hands.

"I have never behaved so shamelessly with anybody before.....maybe it is something about you that made me behave like that!"

She turned to look at him, " You are actually blaming me for the way you behaved? Didn't anyone teach you to take any responsibility in life?"

" Of course I take responsibility. All my patients are my responsibility...including your boss!"
" You don't have to remind me that all the time."

They entered the pub and took a seat. When the waiter approaced them, Krupal turned to her, " I suppose you wont have drinks, mocktails perhaps?"
" Of course I will have drinks! Especially because you are paying......lets start with whatever is the costliest on the menu.....How about Long Island Ice Tea...I'll have that!"

Drinks in Bengaluru are costly, and drinks in discs especially are Damn costly!

The waiter started jotting down the order......Juhi pushed the menu to Krupal pointing at the price of her cocktail.....his eyes popped out... " This is just the 1st drink! You have no idea about my capacity!"

" And what can I get for you sir?" The waiter asked Krupal.
" Nothing for me...I don't drink!"
" Of course you do! Get him the same cocktail!" Juhi teased.
" I have to drive back home. I don't drink and drive. Responsible behaviour you know?"
"Really? Okay! But still make that 2, I'll have both of them."

Krupal felt Rs.1000 credited from his pocket in the 1st 5 minutes of their date!
Not a very pleasant feeling.

As the music caught on and the night progressed, Krupal felt his pockets going lighter with every drink going down Juhi's throat!

" Stop! That's enough!" He finally announced when she could barely stand.
" What do you think? Only you can test others patience? You think being a man you can outsmart us women? You are wrong Dr. Krupal!"
" Yes Tanker Lady! I am wrong! Now can you just put on your jacket, I need to get you home ....safely!"
" Hey Doc! What do you think......I had that coffee with you to save my fucking job? If I really did not want to come with you, I wouldnt have come. You think I love my job so much and I am so damn scared of my boss that I gave you my cell number and my address and I came here to get drunk with a smart ass doc like youself??"

Krupal took her purse and he put her jacket on her shoulders. He caught her hand and started walking towards the exit. Just when they stepped out , she turned to face him and put her hands around his neck.
" Do you really know how difficult it is in India to find smart confidant guys like  you?"
" Do you know it is even more difficult to find smart intelligent and beautiful girls like you for a company? Thank you Madam for a wonderful company and gotta tell you...you dance really well!" He said and took her hands in his and walked her to his car.
" Dr. Krupal.....why are you acting like a gentleman? It doesn't go on your personality! Be naughty...that makes you look sexy!"
" You are drunk Juhi...."
" Yes....And I want you to kiss me now."
" I don't kiss girls when they are drunk..."
" Why didn't you tell me this before I started drinking?"
" You never told me your intentions..."
" Okay....well! You don't kiss me....but I'm allowed to kiss you...." and she leaned in to kiss him and he moved back.
" What now?" She asked irritated.
" I've a girl friend. We are planning to get married in 8 months time."
She stood still for a while, not sure what to do next. " drop me home please."

They quietly got into the car and he drove her home.

( To be continued........)

2 comments:

  1. Your stories have given me a new hobby - try and guess where the next turn will be (mind you, I'm not saying *what* the next turn will be) .. they are that unpredictable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty interesting :)
    when's the next one coming out?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...