Friday, December 10, 2010

Life moves on... ( Random letter to someone Part 2)

Dear Someone,

Not that any of my days have been bad this year.........in fact they have been GOOD!
It's  Gooooooood! (Remember Jim Carrey style in Bruce Almighty?)
And Yesterday was a particularly GOOD DAY!

I'd gone to Roshni's house yesterday. She's giving the same professional exam as me.
We were studying together. This is after such a long time that I'm studying with someone. And it so felt like I'm back to school life! She has this very cute house with 2/3 levels of terrace and a mini terrace garden. We sat outside on one of the terrace studying all day. It felt so good to sit under the bright blue sky and study. We studied from morning 9.30 to evening 5.30 pm. (Wohha)With mini breaks in between and ending the day with a game of badminton! Perfect!

I felt nostalgic....it brought memories of some long lost forgotten faces. I stood on the terrace thinking, trying hard to remember....who was it that I've spent so much time with in my childhood? I remember she had a house similar , with multiple levels of stairs which I used to love to climb and jump down from.....I remember we had played a lot of games on those stairs, and I've  fallen on them, injured my leg and gone home limping on many occasions.

No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't remember who she was.....but that Dejavu feeling kept lingering on me throughout the day. I got back home, a bit tired but a lot more happy. Not just because I'd studied so much and covered a lot of portion but also because I'd a good time. At the end of the day, I told one of my friend that I feel as fresh as a school kid! As if I've started my journey into education just now and I can and want to go on....I want to say," I'll become an Inspector, or maybe a school teacher or a Detective!" Nothing is impossible! Nothing's beyond reach!

And then today morning I woke up early...made my breakfast and as I sat sipping my tea, that face I've been trying to search in my memory appeared in front of my eyes. Her name is Sheetal! And she was my best friend throughout my childhood. I've spent so much time with her playing....I don't remember playing so much with anybody else. And for a while I was speechless! How could I let her go from my life? I've been so busy with life and at times I messed up so royally, coming out of that mess took all my attention that I lost these jewels on the way......and I did not make any attempt to get back to them.

Today I'm going back home, we have a family function this weekend. If I want, I can get her number within seconds and give her a call. I don't know if she's angry with me or whether she'll feel that I'm faking a friendship now. I don't know if she's the same girl anymore, I don't know if she'll find me totally changed as well! I don't know if we both will be okay with this changed new us!All I know right now is...I had a great friend called Sheetal and I'm not in touch with her anymore....for whatever reason, I wouldn't blame either of us because that would mar all the good memories that I've of her.

We lose some people in the course of life,
We decide to drop some others out,
Some others we meet by chance and we stick to them,
And a very few are destined to be together!
Only time can tell what's the fate of each relationship.
Whichever way you meet or depart,
Life moves on.... It has to move on!

Isn't it??


LOve

J

3 comments:

  1. super letter janaki!
    ive always smiled on the concept of best friends..
    coz they seem to change every five years..
    thats y i prefer to call them just friends..
    some are extra special..
    and i bet it wont take u long to re connect with sheetal again...its just the matter of time..and ul find ur childhood again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Sim!

    @ Ram: Thanx!
    Hopefully it won't take long.
    And about best friends ...yeah you can say ppl change every 5 years..and it becomes difficult for the friendship to survive.
    But I won't say best friends don't exist...I've a best friend for the past whole decade and more(touch wood) :-)
    Call it best friends,soul mates,soul sisters whatever...with time ppl change, but some relations also get deeper and stronger with time!
    It takes 2 to tango,both parties have to work equally hard to make any relationship work its magic.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...