Friday, January 7, 2011

About: The sudden emptiness after a major event

For the past several years, I've noticed my every new year start at such a slow, boring and sad pace that I almost want to stop living this life!

My exams just got over on the 31st and while I was studying last week, I'd thought of so many things I wanted to do- the list ran into pages. And now, suddenly I'm so free - I feel empty.

Sometimes .......no.....many times I wish I was a boy.
I could just pack my bags and go somewhere ,maybe travel a bit.
Being a girl, I've to stop and ask for company. If it's just 2 girls, then again its not very safe, so I gotta vouch for some more company....and that is so difficult especially when most people are not into planless, directionless travel...that the conclusion is almost always canceling of the plan! And I hate doing that!

This sudden emptiness after a major event is difficult to deal with!
Like for an example , my whole life was around this exam for the past couple of months. I thought of nothing else. And now when I'm actually on a holiday, I'm nervous! I don't know what to do. I find solace in sitting at my table and brushing through the same books I hated looking at just last week.
I don't want to go home, I don't want to go out...all I want to do is study some more.......just carry on with the same schedule that I'd so beautifully fitted into.

For the past 5 days, I open this page and stare at it. Try to brainstorm so that I can come up with some ideas, maybe write a story....I so want to write a story. But my brain has almost shut down! It's on a strike! It's not letting me write nor read a book nor watch a movie...not even bakwaas TV shows like splitsvilla!

I don't know how many more days it will take to get my brain working.
But I had to start somewhere, so this post!


I'll be back.......soon!

2 comments:

  1. You clearly aren't reading the right books or watching the right movies then :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not reading anything currently Kiran! :-(

    Please give me those movies you were talking about.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...