Friday, December 9, 2011

Letter to a Gem ...

My Dear Gem,


You've tricked me again.

After all that's said and done,
and everything that has been tried and failed,
I have felt time and again,
"This time I've got you for sure!"
but just  then you disappear far away, in the crowded lane.

Why do You play hard to get in my chase for you?
That place you stay is far off ,
in some distant place, I've never been there with you.


Don't you realise my dear , the place you'll shine best is in my eyes?
It's me who can free you from her sad sighs!

What pleasure do you get by belonging to those boring rich folks you adorn your beauty with?
What adventure do you have apart from weddings, parties and a few trips?

What's so attractive about being with that Miss.Right?
When It's all my wrongs that give me the might!

Am I not more playful ?                                
And whenever you want, sinful?


Thief I am, of the best gems just like yourself!
Won't you like the company of the best, rather than some forgetful 'herself'?

Come with me my darling,
I'm waiting and will be so.
My adventure will begin only when you drop her Tango!




Yours truly,

The Jewel Thief








Photographer: Jatin Kampani
( Check his photographs, he's interesting!) 

13 comments:

  1. :) That is so awesome, a thief wooing what he covets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it PeeVee...I'm not so gud with poems actually.
    But I try sometimes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. but wot if gem is a livly thng n has got its own desires....

    ReplyDelete
  4. If the gem is someone , then I would say I'm trying my best to get what I love dearly......

    Of course the gem has to decide finally with whom it wants to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) nice...but not easy for gem to identify the true love...who helps it/him/her out???

    ReplyDelete
  6. He has to help himself dear :-)

    one cannot expect to find guidance at each and every turn of life, one has to take his own decisions, and live by them, and pay the price if it's a wrong decision and reap the benefits if it's the right decision.

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) emmmm impressive sinc, i like ur style of writing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. May be only thanks wont work out here coz i wanna know d lil secret of urs that how you have built these skills...coz i have been trying to write a blog from last 1 year, i have a subject, contents in mind but still score = 0!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wasn't a confident writer when I started writing the blog, but the trick is to just start anyway.
    You don't have to be as good as some this or some that, the aim is to discover your own unique writing style.
    if you read my earlier posts, you will realise that I have also been experimenting....so you experiment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know, if you take off and become a BIG writer/poet someday, English teachers all over the world will be teaching several interpretations of this poem, where the Jewel thief will become a woman trying to woo her man back. Historians and nosy teachers will go through your personal history to find who the man was - eventually all the beauty of this awesome poem will be lost when a student, cranky from trying to mug up everything on the night before the exam, writes on his paper "this poem is all about lost love."

    Worse than that, some adolescent preteen girl who thinks she has a "complicated" relationship will quote -
    "What's so attractive about being with that Miss.Right?
    When It's all my wrongs that give me the might!"

    on her facebook status.

    PS : I really liked the poem
    PS2 : I haven't had my morning coffee yet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol Nick!

    I took some time to decide whether this COMMENT is going on my blog or getting stocked in my inbox!

    I have to admit I like your comment more than I like my poem. That is why I let it get published.

    But as I've said to Ruchir earlier, Experimenting with one's writing is the only way to discover the writer ( poet??) within oneself!

    So comment as you want and have the laugh of your life.....THat's not going to ever stop me from doing anything stupid or Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...