Sunday, March 2, 2014

On the go!

I used to take minimum 2 hours to write a post 2 years back! I would write, proof read it, make changes...the whole process was slow, enjoyable and satisfying. But now who has the time to read and write? I have ended up not writing for such a long time. I know no one has particularly missed my writing as much as me. 

So now I am going to practice "On the go writing". I shall follow the "KISS" principle! Keep it Short & Simple! Five para's a post- max! I miss story writing more than anything else....there is just no time to sit and wonder and imagine! No time to brood over anything, no time to cry, it's just a "Get up & run" culture! I won't say I hate it! It's actually good because "No moment is worth more than what it really is.... a moment!"

And there are so many such wonderful moments I experience every day that I would love to share them with the world. And that is why I am going to write. This year I am going to write about being single, about traveling to Ladakh with friends in winters and living in extreme cold, about traveling solo, about trying so hard to balance my so many needs- that dance exam I want to take, that strong inner voice asking me to give back to the society, the script for the play I wrote that hasn't yet gone on the floor, the need for companionship and also the need to maintain my individuality......this constant tussle going on inside of me is nerve wrecking! But this is me!

When I was younger I hated the fact that there were too many things that were pulling me in too many directions. Now I am old enough to understand that some people are just programmed that way. This doesn't make me any less committed to anything I want to do. The whole challenge is to learn to juggle! And yes, somethings do get dropped off and I feel sad about it. But without wasting much time I need to find a substitute to replace the loss and carry on with the juggle.

Someone once gave me a piece of their practical advice, "This won't pay your bills, so don't waste time on it!" True! And I went into this phase where I asked "Why should I bother to write?" 
But not writing is eating into me and that horrible feeling only I know. So I will write! Let the bills accumulate for a while, and let me waste my time on this rather than on whatsapp, FB, G+, a few family functions and a few outings with friends!







3 comments:

  1. Good! my latest motto is, if something makes you happy, do it. its always worth your time and energy!
    And I missed your writing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am one person who has missed your blog posts .... and this one is inspiring me to be a bit more regular on mine .... looking forward to many more of your writings .. :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...