Sunday, October 18, 2009

Trust Me....

Mom told me never to trust anybody !

She told me its never worth trusting anybody other than your blood relations, cause they are the one's who care , they are the one's who'll always be there!

But when I fell on the hard school ground, it was another school mate I'd never met who gave me a helping hand!
When I scored terrible marks in math, it was my benchmate who put a hand on my shoulder and said," There's always a next time!"

When I came home and showed my marks, I got shoutings!
When I came home and showed I'd got hurt, I was told I have become too naughty!

Why is it that my close one's are never happy with me? I always wondered!

Whenever I did anything that made me happy- all my close one's were never happy about it!

And the saga continues.....

I wrote dialogues for a full lenth konkani film this september! All I got to hear when I came home was, " Is anybody going to know at least that you were involved in this film? who cares about your small name appearing somewhere in the credits?"

So who do I trust?
Who do I depend on?
People who encourage and support me? Who stand by me and share my happiness?
Or people who call themselves my caretakers and protectors but are never happy about anything I do???

4 comments:

  1. When you got low marks, you got shouted at because they know/think you are capable of doing better. When you got hurt they told you that you were naughty in the hope that you would not get hurt(they care). When they tell you that your name in credits is insignificant, they want you to shine and get recognition(as they believe you deserve)

    The above are my assumptions. I have observed that there are many of us who rather condemn the bad and thus give it more attention than encourage the good. This mindset is quite common especially when people have not been in your position or there is a generation gap.

    At least you have friends you can trust...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Anonymous: well! I know you know me closely! Your words sound very familiar .......well~! Anyway, for whatever reason you chose to not show up...
    Now about your comment.......
    To a 9 year old when her close one's are only criticising her for the bad qualities in her- it can break her confidence!
    And today at 24, when close one's still criticise me for the bad qualities, and not a word is said about the good work I do- its very hurting!
    Someone rightly said, when we do a 100 things , out of which 90 are good and 10 are bad- god knows why the world concentrates its attention on the bad 10 acts only??
    Imagine what criticism and condemning of bad qualities for a lifetime can do to a person!
    They say, if you keep criticising and saying bad things to a tree- it dies on its own!I think similar thing happens to people!

    Well! I know this post is a bit rude and too outspoken kind when it comes to my close one's! And I know all of them care a lot for me.....but everytime I put so much effort into building up a confidence and when someone close, whom I care for,whose opinion I care for- criticises, sees only the bad......man!It hurts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @JSincro: I have never met you in person nor have I communicated with you before. I've visited this blog a couple of times before.

    I understand(at least a little) how you feel. Very little is fair... I'm sure you hope that your close ones could change and appreciate you, but that would be wishful thinking(or maybe not, just my bad experience). I hope I don't sound like an old person, I am 25.

    I don't think this post is rude, in fact I commend your courage.(You may not realize it)(see how I'm posting anonymously like a coward?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Anonymous:....... You've got me thinking..... hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...