Friday, June 18, 2010

Ami Gemini!

From the moment I've grown up enough to try and understand the world....I've always wondered why I am the way I am and have never come up with the right answer or explanation except one- I am a Gemini!

I have been amongst those who don't really believe in zodiac signs and astronomy, predictions and at times even the existence of God. But whenever life was turning upside down and there was no way to understand what was happening with me, I found solace in reading the behavioral traits of my zodiac sign!

Gemini- The 3rd astrological sign of the zodiac is shown by a symbol of twins!
June is the Geminian month , also happens to be my favorite month!

When I read Linda Goodman's book, I found Gemini's to be the most interesting of all the zodiac's.

For one, I have a dual personality, sometimes even more than 2. I can very well "act" to be 2 totally different types of people in the same day, back to back
- 1- a very shy, quiet, sari clad Indian woman and
2- a very extrovert, giggling , outgoing modern girl!

I'll go out for a function at 7 pm in a sari and at 10pm I'll be in some club dancing away the night!
In real I may not have been any one, at times I am true to both these characters- it all depends on the mood and the situation I suppose.

The worst outcome of being a Gemini is the fact that people find it difficult to understand and comprehend a Geminian. Especially the opposite sex. If you have a Geminian girl friend, that too one brought up with a free soul ( combined with the fact that Gemini is an air sign) you are doomed! One day she will be happy beyond measure , and there might not be even a reason for her happiness. The next day her mood is completely off, that too might be for no apparent reason!

The best thing about having a Geminian Girlfriend, they say, is that you get many for 1! You might not have an idea about how versatile a Geminian woman can be- Flirtatious, shy, traditional, modern, intellectual- she's all in one!

In my personal experience, I go along well with fellow Geminians. In general, Most Scorpions are my trusted friends- there are other zodiac signs but I don't have too much experience beyond just 1 person in each of those zodiac's who happen to be my close pals!

It takes me great difficulty to get along with Capricorn's and Libran's! ( My sister happens to be a Capricorn and it's tough on both of us to come to an agreeable platform!)

In short here's how I get along with different zodiacs:

Capricorn: Diagonally opposite to my sign. Opposites attract but this is a lethal combination! Stay out! :-)

Aquarius: Most astrology books say gemini's are perfect for Aquarius and vice-versa and I've seen this combination work for a friend of mine.... personally I've got along well with a few of them.

Pisces: We are cool!

Aries: We are cool but might need a mediator!

Taurus: The bull is fine with me as long as I don't mess with it, if I do, it sure kicks! ;-)

Gemini: My species! I understand them well, they understand me well! But when we both have the same things on our minds- disaster spells!

Cancer: Ummm.......We both want different things out of life, so it's best to keep safe distance!

Leo: I get along well with them as long as I let the lion walk the way he likes, and I've never crossed them so they are quite protective and nice to me!


Virgo: I don't understand them quite well to get too close!

Libra: They always like to keep the balance and I'm always out of balance, we can't stand on the same plane unless one of us is okay  falling off!

Scorpio: My buddies! They are quiet, listening types, understanding, good friends, very trustable! Supposed to be a very flirtatious sign but with me they are always friendly!

Sagittarius: Blunt and frank! I like these people cause they speak their minds and they never show you what they are not.




If your life is dull, boring and monotonous, go find a Gemini!
They always have something or the other on their minds!

If you want to learn more about human psychology and the working of a human brain, then I think a Geminian can just show you how difficult the task is!

I remember 1 song that can describe me best being a Gemini: And I'll end this post with it, It's a song by Nelly Furtado and it's called " I am like a bird".

You're beautiful...
That's for sure
You'll never ever fade...
You're lovely...
But it's not for sure
That I won't ever change
And though my love is rare...
Though my love is true...
I'm like a bird
I'll only fly away
I don't know where my soul is
I don't know where my home is


Your faith in me brings me to tears
Even after all these years...
And it pains me so much to tell
That you don't know me that well...


It's not that I wanna say goodbye...
It's just that every time you try...
To tell me that you love me...
Each and every single day I know...
I'm going to have to eventually give you away...





http://www.layoutchef.com/Images/Zodiac_Comments/Gemini/images/gemini.bmp

9 comments:

  1. I think u could have the lion a bit more justice. But good post considering the fact that only took abt 2 hours of my patience...

    Any I'm really waiting for the next post, the one u told me about... the one thats going to take 4-5 hours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. N y is d lioness blasting me off, huh? Did I cross ur way here? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute post..even i'm a gemini and even i have similar questions :D so i can totally understand what you have written here...and I loved the poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Capricon is not your opposite sign... sagitarius is!

    Linda Goodman also mentions Gemini is more harmonius with Capricon when there is a pre-determined bond!(such as blood relation)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YO Gemini!!!
    ;)
    nice post...
    even I never believed in these things... but now I have realised it's true to some extent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So your birthday is in June, my best wishes for your birthday :)

    My son is a Gemini and I agree about there being two of them, there's an angel and there's a devil :)

    Apart from the sun sign there are two more crucial signs - as important as our sun sign. One is Moon Sign - our sign according to the Hindu horoscope (mainly northern India)

    And another is the Ascendant - or the Personality sign, this one decides how we look and how others see us, and depends on what time of the day we were born. This is often the sign of one's spouse too...

    And we tend to get along those who have our Ascendant as their moon or Sun, and with those with compatible sun, moon or ascendant (the more compatible signs the better) that is how you get along with Scorpio and Pisces - you probably have some Capri, or a some other earth or water signs in moon and ascendants...

    And same signs frequently repeat in families. Find out yours, it's fascinating.
    Long comment - enjoyed the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Pratima: Thanks u. :-)

    @ Bhavin: Yes....it is true to some extent, not totally, but whether it is true or false, it's a form of great entertainment!

    @ Indian Homemaker: I did not know about the personality signs! I'll have to read more on the subject.Thanks for the info. And it's so very true about the devil and the angel in a Gemini! :-)

    @ Anonymous: Maybe true...but I am not totally depending on Goodman, many things I've said in this post are my personal experiences with a particular sun sign!

    Had a great weekend talking about sunsigns after I wrote this post....it's a subject everyone enjoys talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Janaki!!
    Yet another good post... love ur thoughts and moreover ur narration!! good job!! :)

    sunsigns indeed is a captivative subject :)
    n nice to know u like me :P ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to my blog - officially!
    n thank u!:-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...