Thursday, April 7, 2011

Random Letter to someone Part 6 ( Falling in and out of love)

Dear Someone,

I still remember the 1st time he SMS'd and the 1st time he called, I was least interested in his SMS's and the calls....I hardly spoke, many times did not bother replying to messages....but he pursued till he got my full attention, he pursued till I was convinced that he was genuine, and just when I relaxed.....he dropped the chase!

Now when I call or SMS, I get the same treatment I gave him once. Just the reasons are different. The reason I once ignored him is because I did not want to be his toy, whom he uses to his heart's desire and throws away. The reason he drops the chase is because he doesn't find things working out for us any more.

This and so many heartless, senseless reasons boys give girls every single day and break their hearts! I know of girls who play with boys hearts too, I wouldn't say I disapprove, but oh I hate it when it happens to me. I hate it when someone plays with my heart, I hate it when he makes it sound like its no big deal!

Damn! It is a big deal!

Why can't people be consistent in their words for once? Why do people promise when they don't have the courage to make things happen? Why do people take the liberty to change someone's life and then leave without saying a goodbye? Why do people make others dependent on themselves, only to snatch back that soothing hand some day?

I have seen a few couples who have made things work out for them in spite of all the odds. I've seen them cry away nights, it was easier for them at that point to drop the relationship and start out again, but they hung on, they made it work!

Every relationship has its trials and its errors. Nothing's ever perfect! Who wants perfection? Perfection is boring...a little bit of spice is always required to make life interesting! But so many people run away from the slightest trouble and pain, the slightest challenge and they shudder and they declare their defeat!

It's okay if you are wrong, as long as you do it with conviction and courage! How is it possible to take the right step always? But running away?? Why do people run away from a situation? Why do they back off?

There are a few tricks in politics, maybe this is one of those. When you are against a situation you aren't very sure of, you rather fight a little and then disappear into the darkness than keep on fighting till the end, till your complete defeat. Its called the Guerrilla warfare.

While the picture is all rosy and nice in the beginning, towards the end of it, all that remains is pure warfare. And then on, its all fair......running away, hiding, pursuit , public displays....whatever you choose....Its fair!~

Love

J

8 comments:

  1. That "Someone" is sure is an unlucky fellow! :)

    Nice write-up. Thanks for commenting on my blog! I will get back to your posts later on. Meanwhile, you are welcome to check out my other blog -->

    http://discoveringhappinessnow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u. I'll surely chk out ur blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few days back, I read this article in TOI - http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/relationships/man-woman/The-circle-of-falling-in-and-out-of-love/articleshow/6941552.cms

    Very rightly questioned by you -
    "Why can't people be consistent in their words for once? Why do people promise when they don't have the courage to make things happen? Why do people take the liberty to change someone's life and then leave without saying a goodbye? Why do people make others dependent on themselves, only to snatch back that soothing hand some day?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you write all this from your imagination? Wow...pretty impressive, its as good as a genuine first hand account of something so many of us have to deal with...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome and remarkable piece of artistic work put together in a single blog. I love reading most of your posts and this one really made me to think for once about the importance of companionship in life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys.

    @ Siddhartha: Everything is not out of imagination. I gotta feel the pinch at least to catch the emotions, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely written, I liked your thoughts around consistencies in thought action and words. I have two quick comments to make-

    For most relationships,people tend to underestimate the law of diminishing marginal utility over a period of time.They keep getting sucked in and feel trapped.The idea is to keep lifitng the curve periodicaly. !

    Forgive me for sounding bookish wrt life, but I have realised, one has to look at life with far more objectivity than emotion.

    Definitions of love change every decade.Therefore the anicilary effects canot be the same.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks.
    And yes u r rgt.

    There's this dialogue from a film, it fits in perfectly with this letter, and my state of mind right now:

    “Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.”

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...