Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Remember Me !


I saw the trailer of the film when I was watching Iron Man 2!

Iron Man , is like any other action Hollywood film!
It's like a mutual fund- there's no risk, you know you will at least be entertained by their special effects if not anything else!

Other categories such as this one "Remember Me", which is a drama, is a bit risky....especially for the Indian audience, because we might or might not understand their sensibilities!

Now, the trailer of the film doesn't really tell you anything except for the fact that the film has - OO La la - Robert Pattinson in the lead role and Peirce Brosnan playing his father!

So I blindly knew I wanted to watch this film!

This is a refreshing take on 9/11!

I loved the screenplay and the gentle flow of the film, the treatment- and especially the ending!

I don't have anything to complain about it, because I went in with no expectations!
Don't want to say too much about the story, because movies are an experience and this one was really nice! It made me laugh, it made me sigh, it made me cry- it touched me deeply, I can't really explain why!

If you are amongst those who only like action films- this film is probably not meant for you!
Most of my friends liked this film, So I can safely say it has a general appeal!

My Rating : ****/ 4 Star

My Rating Might be slightly on the higher side...but it's definitely above 3 and a half stars ( I don't know how the professional critics have judged it).


My Fav. Quote in this film:

"Gandhi said that whatever you do in life will be insignificant. But it's very important that you do it."

You understand the meaning of this only when you watch the film,

So Please, Do watch it!

6 comments:

  1. hmmm... would like to watch it...
    but ahmedabad is not as lucky as bangalore I guess!
    And I would like you to watch the movie 'Big Fish' (2003). Try and find it. I felt u will like it because its about stories! really nice.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for recommending!
    I love stories, will definitely like to catch it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I do a mistake by NOT accompanying you guys to the movie, yesterday ;-)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You caught my interest... I'll get my hands on this one as soon as I can! And Robert Pattinson is worth watching anytime...

    Btw, I watched the Bounty Hunter today! BORING! Nothing new!

    ReplyDelete
  5. His acting still seems a bit inspired by Edward of Twilight though!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...