Tuesday, December 14, 2010

About: Auto Drivers and their Nakhraas!

I just arrived in Bengaluru!

Rickshawalas lined up after me to take me to my destination....but I wasn't picking any....Some said they would charge only Rs.150,some for 1 and half the actual meter fare ...but nobody said they would take me home at the meter rate.

A proper meter usually comes to Rs.95 to 100 for my trip. No more!

So I took my time, I did not want to curse myself for being fooled again by another rickshaw driver.

At the end of the road stood one driver with his rickshaw. He looked simple and decent. And he did not follow people ,coaxing them to take his services. So I went and asked him for his services. He said he would go on meter charge.

I felt so happy and proud of myself for being able to spot an honest auto driver. I thought this time, I can relax in the auto without having to keep a watch on the meter.

Not even 20 minutes down the road, I felt the meter was running too fast. I looked at it again.....tried to tell myself that maybe I was hallucinating! This has happened so many times, I don't know how the correct meter works anymore. But no.....it had happened again! Like every other time! The meter was not just fast...it was running super fast. Faster than the Auto!

 I wasn't even close to Dairy Circle and it had crossed Rs.130/-. I could no longer shut up and as usual started my argument about faulty meters, complaining to the police and blah blah!

The driver paid no heed. He plainly asked me to go ahead with my plans and do whatever I liked! And that Nothing could stop him or hurt him!
I felt like a small rat trying to fight a huge monster!

I quickly got to work then. Typing on my cell as many details about the driver as possible! When he saw me do that, he got even more wild and rude and started abusing me in Kannada or some south Indian language.

When I reached my destination I asked him again about the faulty meter. It was showing 176 now! The highest I've seen so far for that journey.
Thought he would get scared of me as he had seen me note down his details. I also questioned him about the validity that had expired. But nothing could scare him, nothing made him stop abusing me. Finally I showed him the middle finger , threw the money on his face and walked away.

But I decided I wouldn't ignore this one this time like every other time. I'm always in a hurry to get somewhere and these kind of people take advantage of that fact.

So I mailed a complaint 1st on transcom@kar.nic.in.

Then I asked Kiran to supply me with any other agencies keeping a watch on these auto's.

And he sent me dis link : " http://auto404.org/



You dont even need to log in and do any of this stuff if you have the application for mobile phones installed:


http://www.getjar.com/mobile/47748/autocomplaint-for-nokia-e51/?s=phones


To Download to Your Phone:
1) Go to m.getjar.com on your phone
2) Select Quick Download code on the bottom of the page.
3) Enter Code: 47748 to begin download."

I registered myself and the complaint.
These guys also have their blog at http://auto-404.blogspot.com/
Do check it out.

I don't know if anything will happen about my complaint. I'll keep you updated about it.
But I would like to believe something will be done!

2 comments:

  1. 1 piece of advice - Never take an auto that is parked. Take the one that is roaming around!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    Nice blog. We are the co-founders of Auto404 and are delighted by your attempt. Can you please drop in an email at admin@auto404.org so that we could connect?

    Regards,
    Auto404

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...