Wednesday, September 8, 2010

U N I ( Part 7)

Story so far : -
Part 1: Juhi and Krupal meet through a common friend, when the common friend meets with an accident, he is her boss and his ex classmate.

Part 2: Krupal asks Juhi for a cup of coffee and then asks her out for a date.

Part 3: They go to a pub cum disc for their date. Juhi gets drunk and tries to kiss him. He stops her because he has a girl friend with whom he is planning to get married.

Part 4: Enter: Vyankat Swamy! Juhi's assistant cum spy cum friend who had done his study on Krupal before Juhi went out on the date. He also hangs around the pub to keep a watch on her and to protect her.

Part 5: Juhi and Krupal meet once again in a restaurant , just by co incidence. Here Krupal kisses Juhi.

Part 6: After the kiss, Krupal knows who he really wants and proposes Juhi for marriage.Juhi turns him down. Nothing misses the watchful eyes of his girl friend- Nidhi. And she's not someone who would just watch her man get out of her hands! She throws the net to catch him, fixes the Engagement in 1 week's time!

Character List:
Dr.Krupal
Juhi
Nidhi- Krupal's girl friend.
Vyankat Swamy- Juhi's Assistant
Smitha- Juhi's room mate whom Vyankat dated.                                                                                         

And Now......
 
2.30 am 

There was a loud knock on Juhi's door. Juhi and her room mate Smitha jumped up in bed, scared, worried!
" What the hell was that?" Smitha almost screamed.
Were they dreaming?
But after a few seconds there was another one- louder!! It was a bang!
Juhi reached out for her mobile phone to call up the police, but just when she picked it up, she realized it had 17 missed calls from Dr. Krupal. Juhi always put her mobile on silent mode at night.

" What the hell is wrong with him?" Juhi said aloud,opening her inbox to read the 10 messages she had received from him.
" What the hell are you doing? Call the police....fast!" Smitha was almost crying.
Just then there was another call from Krupal. Juhi picked it up in a hurry ," Krupal, thank god you called! There's someone at my door at this hour, banging the door.......call the police and come here please!"
" Hmmmmmm? Okay! I am coming right away. I am starting........now.......I'm in my car. Okay? But Juhi...first....would you do me a favor?"
Juhi was worried as the banging was getting louder....," What? I can hardly hear you...can you hear it?"
" Yes! Clearly! It's almost making me deaf! Anyway....do me a favor Juhi......right now, till I call you again, don't do anything. Just be calm....relax...and breathe. Okay?"
" Yes...okay...yes!"
" Promise me you won't open your eyes until I call."
" Why?"
"Don't ask questions. You just breathe.....I am almost there...2 more minutes! Forget it...keep talking to me.......I won't hang up."
Another 2 loud bangs......
" Ohh please reach here...fast!"
" And Juhi......."
"What?"
" For all that I do for you tonight.......will you fulfill my 1 wish?"
"Wish what?"

"Who are you talking with? Is this a time to talk with  friends?" Smitha was totally confused!
" It's Krupal....he's on his way."
" Oh thank god! At least some guy is coming." Smitha started praying to all the 330 million gods!

" Juhi......promise me you will fulfill my wish!"
Another 2 loud bangs!

Smitha : Someone has been keeping a watch on us.......how else would they know our landlord is gone to his hometown just today?? My god! I did not know Bangalore was so unsafe....."
Krupal: Promise me now!

Juhi ( Confused) Till now she thought he was just acting crazy...now she was cent percent sure that he was a total mental case! Nobody talks about wishes and promises in times of crisis! But maybe he was trying to distract her...maybe he was.....

Krupal: Promise me Juhi.....
Juhi: I promise...I promise for whatever you say.....you just come here please....please!
Krupal: Okay then...open the door!
Juhi: What? You reached? You sure?
Krupal: Yeah! I'm here...Open the door.......I'm right here...

Juhi and Smitha holding each other, Juhi with her pepper spray and Smitha with a wooden stick approached the door slowly. Krupal called out to them, " He ran away! He saw my car come and he ran away...open the door."

Smitha rushed to the door and unlocked it, saw Krupal standing there and turned to look at Juhi.

Smitha: Is this your friend?
Juhi: yeah....Krupal ...this is.....

Smitha had hugged Krupal tightly....

Juhi: Smitha!  ( Juhi finished her introduction)

Smitha: Oh My God! Thank you soo much ! I was so shit scared! I thought this was the last day of my life....and I don't want to die...I really don't want to die! There is still so much to do...I want that pink dress for Diwali by Ritu Kumar, and I want to get back in shape and wear a bikini and walk on the virgin beaches of Bora Bora Islands!

Krupal and Juhi watched each other in a shock while Smitha blabbered! After a few seconds Smitha cooled down! She let go of Krupal and straightened her hair. Gave a nervous grin and turned to go in, " I need water" .
Juhi thought she knew Smitha well...but this blabbering had proved her wrong......After all Smitha too harbored secret desires and wouldn't be totally out of frequency with Swamy as Swamy thought....maybe they just needed to give each other some more time, maybe...they needed to open up!

Krupal realised that Juhi was lost in her thoughts, " I hope you remember the promise!"
Juhi looked at Krupal , and wondered, she had been so wrong about him. Just how she was wrong about Smitha. We draw conclusions about people so fast...the truth is....we think we know everything...but actually we know so little! Krupal had been such a savior! He had come for her in the middle of the night....., " I do not know how to thank you Krupal!"
" You don't have to ......you just do me the favour!"
" Anytime.....Tell me!"
" You are moving in with me tomorrow!"

*
*
*
*
*

Juhi was shocked to hear his request! "Move in what? Who? When?" She had said.
And he had tried to explain to her gently, convincingly...and when she acted too adamant, 2 promises came handy!
1st: Him knowing about her opinion of her boss. And Krupal's ability to influence her Boss's decision!
2nd: The new promise.

And if that was not enough, there was Smitha who was totally head over heels on Krupal. He was her new Hero!

" Not tomorrow. Give me a day to think about it......"
" It's just a matter of a week Juhi. We'll stay only for a week."
" I need a day to pack my stuff!"

Finally she had agreed and with the "Yes" from her, he returned to his car and sat inside and wondered, " If you really want something, the entire Universe conspires to make it happen!"

  The turn of events had aided him completely. He had called her that night to ask her to open that damn door, and she asked him for help instead, thinking someone else was at the door! With Smitha being slightly in a state of shock, Juhi had been completely ignorant of Krupal deleting his messages from her inbox!

But deep down he knew it wouldn't be long before Juhi thinks about the incident some day again and wonders, " Why did he call me 17 times that night?"
But till then he had to keep her busy and he had to make sure she did not get enough time to wonder....

( To be continued........)

5 comments:

  1. Wow, very interesting. This doc is turning out to be a big crook, exploiting the poor girl's feelings to fulfill his own desires. I can't believe how YOU ( A feminist) could think of such a character ;-). But anyways, nice part. This one's my favorite so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i beg to differ janaki!..this krupal character luks like he's lusty and manipulative!!..why wud juhi even think of moving in wit a guy with a girl friend??..why wud any 1?..dont mention the promises! coz stupid promises are meant to be broken..explain to moi!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything will be clear by Part 10....which is the last Part!
    And I'll get back to u on this....soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Certain answers come with time!
    Juhi took a leap of faith, not because of the promises, but because she wanted to.
    Same as she went for a date with Krupal not because her job was on the line, but because she wanted to.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...